- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes -15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large halibut steaks, on the bone
- 5 razor clams
- 1/2 cucumber
- 60 ml Chambery vermouth
- 100 g unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 bunch chives
1. Peel the cucumber and halve it horizontally. Slice very thinly lengthways using a vegetable peeler so that you have ribbons of cucumber.
2. Put the halibut steaks in a steamer over simmering water and steam until cooked - 8-10 minutes depending on their thickness.
3. Place the razor clams in a saucepan over a high heat. Pour in the vermouth and clap on the lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Take out the clams and remove the flesh from shells. Remove the stomachs and dark matter then chop roughly.
5. Beat the chilled butter into the wine and clam juices. Season the cucumber and warm the ribbons in the sauce. Snip the chives into the sauce.
6. Spoon the sauce and cucumber ribbons onto 2 plates. Arrange the halibut steaks on top and scatter with the chopped razor clams.
Rate This Recipe