- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g mint fondant chocolate
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- 200 g white chocolate, broken into rough pieces, about 0.5cm
1. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Place the mint fondant chocolate and hot water in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and leave to cool for a couple of minutes until cool but not set. Stir the chocolate mixture into the butter and sugar mixture.
3. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time. Fold in the flour, adding enough milk to give a soft- dropping consistency. Finally, stir in the white chocolate pieces.
4. Spoon the pudding mixture into a greased 900 ml pudding basin. Cover the top of the sponge with a circle of greaseproof paper, seal with aluminium foil and secure with string.
5. Steam the pudding in a saucepan half-filled with simmering water for 90 minutes, replenishing the water as it evaporates. You could also use a steamer to cook the pudding.
6. Cool slightly before turning out and serve with clotted cream and a glass of dessert wine.
Rate This Recipe