- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the prawns
- 16 raw king prawns
- 75 ml water
- 75 ml rice wine
- 4 cm ginger, shredded
- 40 g spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
1. Peel the prawns and cut along the back of them, using a sharp knife. Remove the black intestinal vein and butterfly the prawns leaving the tails intact.
2. Arrange the prawns in a shallow heatproof bowl that will fit inside a steamer basket.
3. Pour over the water and wine.
4. Scatter over the ginger and place the bowl inside a steamer, set over a deep saucepan or wok of boiling water. Cover and steam for about 5 minutes, or until the prawns are just cooked through.
5. Carefully remove the bowl from the steamer and transfer the prawns to a serving bowl.
6. Pour over the cooking juices, sprinkle with the spring onions, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil, and serve.
Rate This Recipe