- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small carrot, cut into fine batons
- 4 fillets of sole, skinned, each weighing 100g
- salt, nd freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small courgette, ut into fine batons
- ½ red peppers, seeded, and cut into fine batons
- extra virgin olive oil
For the pesto sauce:
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g fresh basil
- 200 ml olive oil
- 50 g parmesan, rated
- pinch of salt
1. First make the pesto sauce. Place all the ingredients in a blender and whiz until the mixture has a smooth consistency. Set aside.
2. Blanch the strips of carrots for a minute. Remove and cool.
3. Season the fillets of sole with salt and pepper. Place equal amounts of vegetables at one end of each fillet. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil. Carefully roll tightly securing with a toothpick. Steam the fillets for about 5 minutes.
4. Place equal amounts of pesto sauce onto each of two plates and place a piece of fish on top. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe