- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 salmon, (175g each)
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 2 red onions, finely diced
- 0.5 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 red chillies, finely diced
- 1 bunches basil, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp croutons, baked with olive oil and garlic
- 1 heads frisée, picked and washed
1. Place a large saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to simmering point.
2. Season the fish with salt and a little pepper and rub with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil. Arrange on a plate and place on top of the saucepan of simmering water. Upturn another plate the same size and place on top of the fish. Steam for 3-4 minutes, until just cooked.
3. In another pan, heat the vinegar with the sugar, onions, lemon zest and juice; leave to infuse for 1 minute.
4. Whisk in the remaining olive oil and the grapeseed oil. Add the tomato, chilli and basil, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Once the salmon is cooked, arrange onto a plate and spoon over most of the dressing. Toss the croutons with the frisse lettuce and the remaining dressing, and arrange on top of the salmon. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe