- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 aubergine
- 4 courgettes, sliced into rounds
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 sprig thyme
- 4 tablespoons of shredded basil
- pinch of dried oregano
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 180g jar creamed horseradish
- 24 asparagus
- 6 salmon, 150g each
1. First make the ratatouille. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the onion and garlic. Fry until fragrant. Add the aubergine, courgette, red pepper, tomatoes, thyme, basil, oregano and chives. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
2. Cover and cook the ratatouille for 20 minutes, stirring now and then.
3. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Wrap each fillet in a piece of buttered foil, ready for steaming.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chopped potatoes and cook until tender, around 10-15 minutes. Drain, return to the saucepan and mash with the horseradish. Cover and keep warm.
5. Steam the salmon in a steamer over a pan of simmering water until tender, around 10 minutes.
6. Heat a ridged griddle pan until very hot. Toss the asparagus with the remaining olive oil. Sear the asparagus on the hot griddle.
7. Transfer the ratatouille to a serving plate. Unwrap the steamed salmon and place on top of the ratatouille. Serve with the seared asparagus and horseradish mash.
Rate This Recipe