- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 whole sea bass, head and scales removed
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 4 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 4 tbsp yellow bean sauce
- 8 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 large spring onion, chopped
- 50 g coriander, chopped
- steamed pak choi, to serve
1. Wash the fish in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper and place them on a heatproof plate inside a bamboo steamer.
2. Pour the Shaoxing rice wine over the fish.
3. Heat a wok filled with water and bring to the boil. Rest the bottom of the bamboo steamer on the wok making sure it does not touch the water.
4. Place the lid on the steamer and steam for 12 minutes.
5. Heat the groundnut oil over a high heat in a separate saucepan or wok and stir-fry the garlic and ginger for 40-50 seconds.
6. Stir in the yellow bean sauce and light soy sauce.
7. Add a few dashes of toasted sesame oil.
8. Stir in the spring onions and coriander and remove the pan immediately from the heat. Pour the sauce over the steamed fish and serve straight away with jasmine rice and steamed pak choi.
Rate This Recipe