- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 175 g sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scrapped
- 75 g Golden raisins
- 50 g glacé cherries
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- lightly whipped double cream, to serve
For the sauce
- 100 ml double cream
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g soft dark brown sugar
- 75 g chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and grease a 28 x 18cm square cake tin with butter.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl, then stir in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Fold in the flour, vanilla pod (and seeds), raisins, glacé cherries, orange zest and juice and the dried cranberries. Tip the mixture into the greased cake tin and level the top.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean. Place the tin on a wire rack to cool slightly.
5. For the sauce: bring the cream, butter and sugar to the boil in a small pan, then immediately take off the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted.
6. Serve the pudding, still hot, in squares with the chocolate sauce and a dollop of lightly whipped cream
Rate This Recipe