- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 75 g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- clotted cream, to serve
1. Grease a 1 litre pudding basin with unsalted butter.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, butter and sugar, then make a well in the centre and beat in the egg and just enough milk to make a smooth mixture that easily slides off a spoon.
3. Spoon the golden syrup into the bottom of the greased basin, then pour in the pudding mixture. The basin should be about two-thirds full.
4. Cover the pudding with pleated greaseproof paper or foil and secure with string.
5. Place half-immersed with simmering water in a large covered pan and steam for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
6. Serve hot with clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe