- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 medium-sized plaice or sole fillets, skinned
- 8 medium-sized raw tiger prawns, shelled and de-veined
- salt and ground freshly ground white pepper
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions, cut into short, fine strips
- 2.5 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 heads of bok choy
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of ground white pepper
1. In a food processer, blend together the prawns and coriander to a paste. Season with salt and white pepper.
2. Lay the fish fillets on a chopping board and spread the prawn paste evenly over each fillet. Top the prawn paste with a layer of sliced shiitake mushroom, spring onion (reserving some for garnishing) and ginger.
3. Roll the fish fillets up over the filling. Place the rolled fillets, open side down, in a bamboo steamer basket.
4. Mix together the sauce ingredients and pour over the fish. Cover the steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes in a wok or saucepan over hot water.
5. Meanwhile, heat a wok or frying pan. Add the oil and heat through. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the bok choy to the garlic and stir-fry until just softened.
7. Garnish the steamed plaice rolls with the reserved spring onion and serve with the garlic bok choy.
Rate This Recipe