- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 12-24 hrs marinating time
- Effort: medium
- 1 medium-sized tilapia
- juice of 1 limes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- quarter of a scotch bonnet peppers, finely chopped
- 4-5 sprig thyme
- black pepper
- 150 g butternut squash, peeled, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 300 ml fish stock
- 1 christophene, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 100 g okra
1. Place the tilapia fillets in a bowl with the lime juice, spring onion, Scotch bonnet pepper and thyme. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
2. In a wok heat the fish stock until boiling. Add the butternut squash, return to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the christophene and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the okra, salt and freshly ground pepper. Place the fish fillets on top. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, steaming the fish (add more fish stock if necessary) until cooked.
Rate This Recipe