- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp capers
- 4 green olives, quartered
- 4 tinned anchovies
- 2 octopus, eighing about 400g each, cleaned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, squashed
- handful of flat leaf parsley, coarse stalks removed
- crusty bread
1. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan, one in which the octopus will fit in tightly.
2. Add the garlic, capers, olives and anchovy fillets.
3. Once the garlic begins to sweat, add the octopuses and a pinch of salt.
4. Stir well, lower the heat, and then add the tomatoes and parsley. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook on a low heat for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until the octopuses are very tender. During cooking they will shrink and exude quite a bit of liquid. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
Rate This Recipe