- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes - 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 sage leaves
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 kg squid, cleaned and chopped
- black pepper
- 1.7 ltr Manzanilla sherry
1. Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the garlic, sage and tomato and fry, stirring often, until the garlic has softened, around 3 minutes.
2. Add the squid and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Pour in the sherry and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for around 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until the squid is tender and the sauce has thickened and reduced. Serve.
Rate This Recipe