- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g black sticky (thai) rice
- about 300ml water
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 4 tbsp coconut milk, (reduced-fat coconut milk if desired)
- pinch of salt
1. Place the water in a saucepan, add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the rice and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender. You can keep boiling until the rice breaks down if you prefer, adding a little more water if it becomes too dry.
2. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk and salt. When the rice is done, pour a little of the coconut milk into the rice and stir through. Transfer to a serving dish, discarding the cinnamon stick. Pour the remaining coconut milk over the top and serve warm.
Rate This Recipe