- Serves: Makes 10-15 slices
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling and freezing
- Effort: easy
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken in pieces
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 1 small tin condensed milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g almonds
- 75 g sultanas
- 75 g macaroons, crumbled
- crème fraîche, to serve
1. Line a loaf tin with aluminium foil.
2. Put the chocolate, butter, condensed milk and cinnamon in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate has melted.
3. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
4. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and allow to cool completely.
5. Chill for 1 hour in the freezer until set
6. Invert the tin over a serving dish. Turn out the cake and slice.
7. Serve with crème fraîche and a strong black coffee.
Rate This Recipe