- Serves: 4-6 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g small carrots
- 500 g small parsnips, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Place the carrots and parsnips in a large roasting tin and drizzle with the olive oil. Scatter over the cumin seeds, season with salt and pepper and toss everything together to coat evenly.
3. Roast in the oven for 4045 minutes, tossing occasionally in the oil during cooking, until tender and golden.
4. Heat the apricot jam and lemon juice for a few minutes in a small saucepan, stirring until you have a smooth, runny sauce. Pour this over the carrots and parsnips for the last 10 minutes of cooking, tossing the vegetables in the sauce to coat evenly. Scatter with the coriander just before serving.
Apdapted from Rachel Allen Home Cooking (Collins)
Rate This Recipe