- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
For the ribs
- 2 kg rack of pork ribs, back ribs
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated root ginger
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 125 ml hoi sin sauce
- 60 ml honey
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, or other mild oil
For the cabbage salad
- ¼ small red cabbage, cored and shredded
- ¼ small cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½-1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- steamed rice
- 1 small lime, cut into wedges
- handful coriander leaves
1. For the ribs: put the ribs into a baking dish. In a bowl, mix all of the remaining rib ingredients together to make a marinade. Set aside about 4 tablespoons of the marinade and pour the rest over the ribs and rub in well.
2. Turn the ribs meat side down, ready for cooking and set aside for half an hour or longer to marinate.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
4. Transfer the ribs to the oven for 40 mins then increase the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Turn the ribs, brush with the reserved marinade and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
5. For the cabbage salad: while the ribs are cooking, tip the cabbage into a bowl. Combine the wine vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and a little sea salt to make a dressing then pour over the cabbage, tossing to combine. Scatter over the coriander leaves.
6. To serve, transfer the ribs to a chopping board and cut into individual ribs. Serve with the cabbage salad, some steamed rice and wedges of lime. Scatter the coriander over before serving.
Rate This Recipe