- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 70 g butter
- 180 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 orange, zest only
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 60 g plain flour, sifted
- 250 ml milk
- 75 ml lemon juice
- 25 ml orange juice
- icing sugar, for dusting
Tips and Suggestions
If preferred, you could make individual puddings using 6 x 150ml ramekins and cooking them for 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly butter a 1 litre capacity ovenproof dish.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together with and lemon and orange zest, until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
4. Beat in the flour and milk alternately until you have a smooth batter.
5. Stir in the lemon and orange juice.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold gently into the batter until thoroughly incorporated.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and place the dish into a roasting tray. Half fill the roasting tray with hot water and bake the pudding for 50 minutes, until golden and set.
8. Remove from the oven, dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.
Rate This Recipe