- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 boneless pork chops, lean, about 100g each
- 250 g Thai jasmine rice
- 1 star anise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
- 3 tbsp hoi sin sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
1. Place the pork chops in the base of a steamer sat over a pan of boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the rice in a saucepan with the star anise and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes until tender. Drain well.
3. Preheat the grill to high. Stir together the soy, sugar, hoisin and chilli sauces. Place the chops on a rack with a baking sheet underneath and brush the upward-facing side with the mixture. Grill for 3-4 minutes until dark and slightly charred, then turn the chop over, brush the uncooked side with the mixture and grill for a further 3-4 minutes.
4. Serve the sticky chops with the fragrant rice and steamed greens.
The Hi Lo Cookbook contains all recipes from this series, buy it now at amazon.co.uk
Rate This Recipe