- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g dates, stoned and chopped
- 300 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g butter
- 75 g lightlight muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the sauce
- 300 ml double cream
- 50 g dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp black treacle
For the ice cream
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream, good quality
- 50 ml whiskey, like Colomba cream or any whisky cream liqueur
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Place the dates in a saucepan with the water and boil for 5 minutes or so until soft.
3. Add the bicarbonate of soda.
4. Cream the butter and sugar together.
5. Add the eggs, beat well, and then add the flour and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.
6. Lightly butter a 25cm cake tin and spoon in the mixture. Cook for about 30-35 minutes until just firm to the touch.
7. To make the sauce, put all the ingredients into a pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and bubble for a couple of minutes until thickened.
8. Stir the whisky Colomba cream into the softened vanilla ice cream and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
9. Serve the sticky toffee pudding with the sauce and ice cream.
Rate This Recipe