- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 80 g stilton cheese, rind trimmed
- 120 g smoked salmon
- eggs, beaten for egg wash
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 100 g wild rocket, to garnish
For the creamy tomato sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 g finely chopped shallots
- 200 ml white wine
- 20 g tomato purée
- 400 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Layer 3 filo sheets on top of each other. Place the pesto in the centre of the layered filo pastry sheets.
3. Top the pesto with the Stilton and the smoked salmon. Brush the filo pastry edges with the beaten egg and fold the pastry over to form a parcel, pressing the edges down.
4. Brush the parcel with egg wash and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
5. Meanwhile, make the creamy tomato sauce. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the shallot and fry gently until softened, stirring often.
6. Add in the white wine and tomato puree, mixing in, and cook briskly, stirring, until reduced by half.
7. Stir in the double cream and cook for 2 minutes, until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Strain through a sieve and keep warm.
8. To serve, place the freshly baked pastry parcel in the centre of a warm serving plate, top with wild rocket and drizzle with the creamy tomato sauce. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe