- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 2 hrs rising time
- Effort: easy
For the bread
- 500 g white strong bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 30 ml olive oil
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 290 ml water
- 100 g stilton cheese
- 150 g cranberries
- 150 g walnuts, chopped
- 1 whole camembert
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
1. Place the flour, salt, sugar, oil, yeast and water into a large bowl and gently mix together with your hands for 4 minutes, until all the flour has been absorbed by the water.
2. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead well for 5-8 minutes. Place back in the bowl to rest for 1 hour.
3. Add the Stilton, cranberries and walnuts to the dough and mix well.
4. Divide the dough into 2 and plait together. Transfer onto a lined baking tray and leave to rise for another hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Take the Camembert cheese out of its wrapper and replace it in the box.
7. Slash the top of the cheese with a knife and stud it with garlic. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve warm to dip the bread into.
Rate This Recipe