- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g chicken livers, cleaned
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- 2.5 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 large king prawns, peeled and deveined but with tail intact
- 4 cm ginger, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp Chinese mixed pickles, ideally Goong Goong pickles
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 125 ml chicken stock
- sesame oil
- 1 tsp chinese black vinegar
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ground white pepper
1. Place chicken livers in a bowl with one tablespoon of the wine, half a teaspoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of the soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a hot wok until the surface shimmers slightly. Tip in the livers and prawns, and fry for a few seconds, to seal in the flavours. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain well on kitchen paper. Leave on one side.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, green pepper and pickles to the same hot oil and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Return the livers and prawns to the wok, add the rest of the wine and stir-fry over a high heat for 10 seconds.
5. Add the remaining sugar and soy sauce, the oyster sauce, chicken stock, sesame oil and vinegar. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until the livers are just tender but still pink in the centre.
6. Remove from the heat, scatter over the shallots sprinkle with white pepper, and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe