- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450g boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp rice wine
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 3½ tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 2½ tbsp black beans, coarsely chopped
- 150ml fresh chicken stock, (home-made or shop-bought)
1. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice wine or dry sherry, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornflour together with the chicken.
2. Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat until it is hot. Add in the groundnut oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add in the chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, shallots, 1½ tbsp of spring onions and black beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add in the stock. Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat.
5. Cover the wok or pan and simmer for 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining spring onion before serving. This dish can be cooked ahead of time and re-heated, and it is also delicious served cold.
Rate This Recipe