- Effort: easy
For the Marinade
- 450 g sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp chinese five spice
- 1 pinches finely ground black pepper
For the vegetables
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 piece ginger, (3cm)grated
- 100 g broccoli florets
- 100 g mangetout
- 50 g baby sweetcorn
- 2 medium red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3-5 tbsp water
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
1. Slice the beef into 0.5cm wide strips. Place in a bowl with the marinating ingredients and leave on one side for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the groundnut oil in a wok and add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 40 to 50 seconds.
3. Add the beef and its marinade and cook for a 30 seconds.
4. Add the vegetables and chillies and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds.
5. Then add 100ml hot chicken stock and the soy sauce.
6. Mix the cornflour and water together and stir into the stir-fry to thicken the sauce. Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.
Rate This Recipe