- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 20 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 450 g lean lamb steaks, or fillets or boned loin chops
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- black pepper, to taste
- handful of leaves basil
- handful of sprigs coriander
For the Marinade:
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornflour
1. Cut the lamb into thin slices. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Add the lamb, mix well and marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Drain, discarding the marinade.
2. Heat a wok over high heat until it is very hot. Add the oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the lamb and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and continue to stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
4. Finally toss in the basil and coriander, and continue to stir-fry for 1 further minute or until the herbs have wilted.
5. Turn onto a warm serving platter and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe