- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1½ tsp groundnut oil
- 2 tbsp shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 225 g carrots, cut on the diagonal into 5mm thick slices
- 225 g asparagus, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 225 g Chinese cabbage, cut into 4cm strips
- 225 g Chinese greens, (bok choy, Chinese flowering cabbage or spinach), cut into 4cm strips
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tsp sesame oil
1. Heat a wok over a high heat.
2. Add the groundnut oil and, when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the shallots, garlic ginger and salt and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add in the carrots and asparagus and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the water, cover and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes.
5. Add the Chinese leaves and greens together with the sugar and rice wine. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the greens are thoroughly wilted.
6. Add the sesame oil, tossing well, and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe