- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 tsp salted soya beans
- 150 g pork fillet, sliced into fine strips
- dashes of fish sauce
- dashes of white wine vinegar
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 50 g straw mushrooms
- 5 cm ginger, peeled and chopped
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 heaped tsp white sugar
- 1/2 red chillies, chopped
- 1/2 green chillies, chopped
- steamed rice, to serve
- sprigs coriander
- red chillies, sliced
Tips and Suggestions
Canned straw mushrooms can be found in most Asian and Chinese supermarkets.
1. Heat a wok until hot. Add in the vegetable oil and heat through.
2. Add in the soya beans and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add in the pork and stir-fry until whitened. Add a dash of fish sauce and white wine vinegar and mix well.
4. Add in the onion, straw mushrooms and ginger, plus half the chicken stock and the soy sauce.
5. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, adding more stock if necessary.
6. Add in the spring onion, sugar, green and red chilli. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander and red chilli and serve at once with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe