- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 400 g pork steaks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, cut into batons
- 175 g mangetout, topped and tailed
- g flaked almonds or cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp yellow bean sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- white rice, to serve
1. Trim the fat off the pork steaks and cut them into thin slices. Prepare all the remaining ingredients and gather them together around the hob.
2. Heat a large wok over a high heat. Once it starts to smoke, add the vegetable oil. Swirl once, then add the garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the pork and carry on stir-frying for about 2 minutes until the pork is almost cooked through.
3. Next add the mangetout and the almonds and carry on stir-frying for another 2 minutes. Stir in the yellow bean sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce. Give it all another minute or so until everything is mixed together and steaming hot and fragrant.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning and add more soy or yellow bean sauce if needed. Serve immediately with rice.
Rate This Recipe