- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 heaped tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chinese five spice
- 2 clove garlic, thinly chopped
- 2.5 cm ginger, grated
- 16 large prawns, with their shells on
- 2 tbsp water
1. Mix together 1 and a half tablespoons of sunflower oil, honey, sherry, soy sauce, five-spice powder, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
2. Add in the prawns, turn to coat them evenly, then cover and marinate for at least an hour or longer in the refrigerator.
3. Take the prawns out of the marinade, reserving the marinade.
4. Heat a wok or a wide frying pan over a high heat until it smokes and then add the remaining oil.
5. Heat the oil through for a couple of seconds, then add the prawns and stir-fry for about a minute, until they have turned pink.
6. Pour in the reserved marinade and the water. Cook briskly, stirring constantly, until the liquid is well-reduced and syrupy, a matter of minutes. Serve.
Rate This Recipe