- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 120 g chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 egg
- 190 g rice noodles, broad variety, soaked as per instructions on the packet, drained
- 70 g spring greens or Savoy cabbage, roughly chopped
- 110 g broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp stock or water, optional
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a wok, placed over a medium heat. Tip in the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Break in the egg and cook briskly with the chicken until cooked through
2. Add the drained rice noodles, followed by the vegetables. Season with the fish sauce, and add the sugar, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.
3. The noodles should be quite moist - add a little stock or water to loosen the texture. Sprinkle with black pepper just before serving.
4. This dish is served with a set of 3 condiments: fish sauce, chilli powder, and chopped chillies steeped in vinegar with a pinch of sugar.
Rate This Recipe