- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 25 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 225 g rice sticks, rice vermicelli or rice noodles
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 6 spring onions, shredded
- 225 g bean sprouts, trimmed at bean sprouts
- 100 g red or green chillies, finely shredded
- 225 g water chestnuts, peeled if fresh, rinsed if canned, finely shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp yellow bean sauce
- 2 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 5 tbsp chicken stock or water
1. Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of warm water for 25 minutes, then drain.
2. Heat a wok or large frying pan until it is very hot. Add the oil, and when hot, toss in the garlic, ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Next, add the bean sprouts, shredded peppers and water chestnuts. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Next add the noodles, followed by the salt, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, bean sauce, rice wine, stock and. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes until the noodles are well-mixed and heated through. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe