- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 scallops
- 1 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 cm piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 50 g sugar snap peas, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large stick celery
- 1 small red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 drops sesame oil
- 1 pinches pepper
- 4 cos lettuce, leaves separated shredded
1. Slice each scallop in three horizontally and dip each piece in egg white and coat with corn flour.
2. Heat a wok to a high temperature. Add a tablespoon of oil and cook the scallops for 30 seconds on each side, until brown. Remove and keep aside.
3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the work, and tip in the ginger and spring onion. Add the carrot, sugar snap peas, celery, and red pepper. Stir well and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce and vodka. If it seems a little dry you can also add a splash of vegetable stock.
5. Add a couple of drops of sesame oil, and season with black pepper.
6. Mix in the cos lettuce and scallops. The scallops should take another 2-3 minutes to cook. Take care not to overcook them - they should be springy and tender. Serve hot or cold with a heap of noodles.
Rate This Recipe