- Serves: 4, as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce, or to taste
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp malt vinegar
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
For the squid
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 450 g squid, cleaned and sliced
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2-4 dried red chillies, sliced
- 75 g cashew nuts
- small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
1. Combine all the sauce ingredients and leave to one side.
2. Heat the oil in a wok set over a medium heat and add the ginger. As soon as it starts to sizzle, add the garlic and squid. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring regularly until the ingredients are cooked through and slightly caramelised. Add a splash of water to the wok.
3. Pour the sauce into the frying pan and stir through.
4. Add the onions, dried chillies, spring onions, and cashew nuts, turn down the heat and simmer for 2 minutes until warmed through and fragrant.
5. Serve scattered with sliced spring onions.
Rate This Recipe