- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 8 fresh water chestnuts, peeled and rinsed
- 2 cm ginger, shredded
- 4 stems white asparagus, peeled and sliced into thick pieces
- 60 g fresh bamboo shoots
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp mushroom soy sauce
- 50 ml chicken stock
- 35 g fresh fresh black cloud ear fungus
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chinese black vinegar
- 3 stems long-leaf coriander, pak chii farang, roughly chopped
1. Heat the oil in a hot wok and stir-fry the water chestnuts, ginger, asparagus and bamboo for 1 minute, over a high heat.
2. Add the wine and cook for a further minute.
3. Stir in the sugar and soy sauce - continue frying for 1 minute, and pour in the stock. Turn down the heat a tad and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Toss in the cloud ear fungus, sesame oil and vinegar, and fry briskly for a further 2 minutes, until the asparagus is barely tender.
5. Add the coriander leaves, stir to combine, and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe