- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 100 g baby sweetcorn, cut into quarters
- 1 courgette, cut into matchsticks
- 300 g beef fillet or rump steaks, cut into very thin strips
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 150 ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- few drops tabasco
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic, carrot, sweetcorn and courgette for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the beef and continue to stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
3. Mix the cornflour together with a tablespoon of water and stir into the beef stock. Stir this into the pan together with sugar, soy sauce, a few drops of Tabasco and sesame seeds. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened.
4. Serve immediately with rice.
Rate This Recipe