- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 450 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 5 tbsp fresh pesto
- 175 g Puy lentils, cooked, drained and cooled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium eggs
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out two-thirds of the pastry until large enough to line a 23cm flan tin. Fit the pastry into the tin but do not trim the edges.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the pesto and lentils together, season with black pepper and spoon into the pastry case.
4. Crack the eggs, straight into the pie over the lentils, taking care not to break the yolks. Scatter over the spring onions and Parmesan, and grind over a little more black pepper.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the remaining pastry until large enough to form a lid. Brush the edges of the pie with the beaten egg and lay over the lid. Gently press the edges together to seal, trimming any excess pastry.
6. Crimp the pie edges and brush the lid with the beaten egg to glaze.
7. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden.
Rate This Recipe