- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 100 g smoked bacon, lean and cut into strips
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 225 g carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 sprig thyme
- 850 ml chicken stock
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Heat the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan and gently fry the onion, bacon, potatoes and carrots for 3-4 minutes, without colouring them, stirring from time to time.
2. Add the bay leaf and thyme, and continue cooking gently without allowing the ingredients to colour for five more minutes.
3. Add the stock and bring to simmering point.
4. Cook for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve.
Rate This Recipe