- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling and churning time
- Effort: easy
- 1.15 litres full fat milk
- 350 g whipping cream
- 85 g milk powder
- 275 g dextrose
- 100 g caster sugar
- 52 g inverted sugar
- 12 g stabiliser
- 250 g dark chocolate, very finely chopped
1. Blend the milk, cream, milk powder and dextrose until smooth.
2. Put into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to 40C.
3. Whisk in the sugars and stabiliser. Bring up to 85C, then take the pan off the heat and cool the mixture as quickly as you can by plunging the pan into a sinkful of cold water.
4. Put the mixture into the fridge for 6-12 hours.
5. Put the cooled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. Stir in the chopped dark chocolate and return the ice cream to the freezer if not serving immediately.
Rate This Recipe