- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g strawberries, hulled
- 175 ml white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 2 meringue nests
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar, crushed into chunks
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- whipped double cream, to serve
1. Put half the strawberries into a food processor and add the chardonnay and brown sugar. Blend to a rough purée, then set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together the meringue and ice cream. Slice the rest of the strawberries, reserving two for garnish, and stir into the ice cream mixture.
3. Layer the strawberry purée and ice cream mixture alternately in two tall serving glasses and top with spoonfuls of the whipped double cream. Sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds and garnish with a whole strawberry. Serve.
Rate This Recipe