- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g strawberries, hulled
- 4 passion fruit, halved and pulp scooped out and reserved
For the scones:
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 55 g butter
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 5-6 tbsp milk, plus extra for glazing
For the cream:
- 200 g cream cheese
- 150 ml double cream
- juice and grated zest of 1 oranges
- icing sugar, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon and salt.
2. Rub the butter into the flour and stir in the sugar.
3. In a small bowl beat together the egg and milk and add to the flour mixture. Mix to a soft but not a sticky dough (adding extra milk if needed).
4. Turn out the dough onto a floured board and roll out gently to 2cm thickness. Cut out 6 rounds using an 8cm cutter.
5. Place the scones on a non-stick baking tray and glaze with milk.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until risen and cooked. Cool on a wire rack.
7. In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, cream, orange juice and zest together, adding icing sugar to taste.
8. In a separate bowl mix the strawberries and passion fruit pulp together.
9. To serve spilt the scones and sandwich together with the cream and fruit, serve at once.
Rate This Recipe