- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 45 mins to churn the ice cream
- Effort: medium
For the tartlets
- 420 g raspberries
- 1/2 limes, juice only
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 350 g sweet shortcrust pastry
- 100 g butter
- 150 g flour
- 20 g oats
- 50 g brown demerara sugar
- 400 g strawberries, hulled and quartered
For the vanilla ice cream
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 100 g egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Blend half the raspberries in a liquidiser along with the lime juice and icing sugar, strain and reserve.
3. Roll out the sweet pastry to a thickness of about 3mm and use it to line 6 greased tartlet rings. Cover with baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes.
4. Rub together the butter, flour, oats and brown sugar to form large breadcrumbs. Spread on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes until crisp and golden.
5. Gently heat the raspberries and strawberries in a saucepan with the raspberry sauce.
6. Fill the tart cases with this mix and sprinkle the crumble topping over each one. Place in the oven and bake for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Beat the yolks and sugar together thoroughly. Bring the milk, cream and vanilla seeds to the boil and pour over yolks and sugar while stirring. Return to the heat and cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring continually. Make sure not to boil it.
8. Leave to cool and churn in an ice cream machine.
9. Serve the strawberry and raspberry crumble tart with a generous dollop of the vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe