- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml water
- 400 g sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and scraped
- 500 g rhubarb, trimmed and sliced into 1cm pieces
- 500 g strawberries, hulled and halved if large
1. Put the water, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a saucepan with the vanilla pod and seeds. Bring to a simmer.
2. Add the rhubarb and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add the strawberries and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Allow to cool, then remove the vanilla pod.
Rate This Recipe