- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: easy
- 450 g rhubarb, chopped
- 225-450g strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthways
For the stock syrup:
- 450 g sugar
- 600 ml water
1. First make the stock syrup. In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
2. Allow to cool and refrigerate until needed.
3. Put the cold syrup and the rhubarb into a stainless steel saucepan.
4. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes, no longer or the rhubarb will loose all texture.
5. Turn off the heat and leave the rhubarb in the covered saucepan until just cold.
6. Add the strawberries to the rhubarb compote.
7. Chill and serve.
Rate This Recipe