- Serves: makes 12 finger sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 slices brioche
- 8 tbsp clotted cream
- 250 g strawberries
- 50 g caster sugar
- scented rose petals, unsprayed
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Spread each slice of brioche with clotted cream - be generous and use it all.
2. Cut the strawberries into slices the thickness of a 50p piece and cover 4 of the brioche slices with these, sprinkling over a little caster sugar on as you go.
3. Pinch out and discard the bitter yellow part of the rose petal (the part that was nearest to the flower's centre). Tear them if they are big and keep some back for decoration. Put the rest on top of the strawberries, and put the other brioche slices on top to make sandwiches.
4. Cut each sandwich into three fingers and dust with icing sugar. Pile on a plate and scatter with rose petals.
Rate This Recipe