- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the croustillant
- 200 g ready-made all butter puff pastry
- 200 g icing sugar
- 400 g small strawberries, or a mix of small and wild strawberries, hulled and halved
For the chantilly cream
- 300 ml whipping cream or double cream
- 50 g caster sugar
- few drops rose water, optional)
1. For the croustillant: preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment
2. Roll the puff pastry into a sausage shape then cut into 12 x 1 cm-thick slices.
3. Tip the icing sugar into a mound on your work surface and lay a slice of pastry dough on top. Sprinkle with some of the icing sugar and use a rolling pin to roll it out as thinly as possible, turning the dough over in the icing sugar as you go to prevent it sticking. Continue rolling until it is thin enough to see through, then transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
4. Bake the dough on the middle shelf of the oven for 6-8mins, or until crisp and golden-brown. Remove from the oven and use a palette knife to transfer the pastry to a wire rack to cool.
5. For the chantilly cream: whisk together the cream and sugar, and the rosewater if using, until soft peaks form.
6. When ready to serve, arrange half of the pastry on serving plates, top with the chantilly cream followed by the strawberries then place the remaining pastry on top.
Rate This Recipe