- Serves: 5-6
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus freezing and macerating
- Effort: easy
- 450 g strawberries
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 50 g icing sugar, sieved
- 300 ml double cream, whipped
- crisp lemon-flavoured biscuits, to serve
1. Place the strawberries in a bowl and lightly crush with the back of a fork.
2. Pour over the elderflower cordial and add the lemon rind and juice. Leave for 2 hours to macerate - longer if possible.
3. Whisk the egg whites until fairly stiff.
4. Whisk in the icing sugar, until the mixture has the texture of meringue.
5. Drain the strawberries from the marinade and fold them into the cream.
6. Fold in the egg whites and freeze for 3-4 hours, until firm.
7. Spoon into glasses and serve with crisp lemon biscuits.
Rate This Recipe