- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 20 mins chilling
- Effort: medium
- 225 g plain flour
- 30 g butter, plus 1 tbsp melted butter
- 30ml warm milk
For the Strawberry filling:
- 175 g strawberries, chopped
- 0 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp light brown sugar
- grated zest of 1/2 lemons
For the Yoghurt dressing:
- 100 g Greek yogurt
- finely chopped mint
For the Basil syrup:
- 150 ml water
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a large bunch of leaves basil
1. First make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, then finely dice the butter into the bowl. Add the milk and bring together to form a soft dough. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the filling by mixing together the strawberries, cinammon, sugar and lemon zest. Make the dressing by mixing together the yoghurt and chopped mint.
3. Make the basil syrup by heating together the sugar, water and vanilla extract until the sugar has melted. Set aside to cool. Blend the syrup with the fresh basil until thoroughly blended. Strain the syrup through a fine-meshed sieve.
4. Roll out the chilled pastry finely. Using a small plate as a measure, cut out 6 circles. Halve each pastry circle.
5. Place a little of the strawberry mixture at one end of the semi-circle. Fold the pastry over forming a tight triangle. Repeat the process making 12 samosas in all. Brush the samosas with the melted butter.
6. In a deep fat-fryer or wok heat the oil until very hot. Fry the samosa in batches until golden-brown all over, removing with a slotted spoon and draining on kitchen paper.
7. Serve the freshly fried samosas with a dollop of mint yoghurt dressing and a swirl of basil syrup.
Rate This Recipe