- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 110 g caster sugar
- 225 g salted butter
- 225 g plain flour
- 150 g cornflour
- 50 g strawberries, sliced
- 500 ml double cream, lightly whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
2. Place the caster sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until creamed together.
3. Add the plain flour and corn flour and blend briefly.
4. Tip the mixture out onto a lightly floured working surface and bring it together into a dough.
5. Flatten out the dough and roll it out.
6. Cut it into 10cm rounds and place them on a baking sheet. Prick them and dredge with caster sugar.
7. Bake the shortbread for 50-60 minutes until set, taking care not to let them darken. Cool on a wire rack.
8. To serve, take a shortbread round, top with a dollop of whipped cream, followed by some strawberrries then sandwich with another shortbread.
9. Repeat the process until all the shortbread rounds have been used up.
Rate This Recipe