- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 4-5 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g strawberries, plus a few for decoration
- 1 tbsp vodka
- 250 ml double cream
- juice of 1 lemons
- 55 g caster sugar
- 3 large egg whites
Tips and Suggestions
Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Using a fork mash 225g strawberries through a sieve into a large bowl. Add the vodka, stir well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Whisk the double cream to soft peaks and stir into the strawberry mixture. Stir in the lemon juice and caster sugar.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the whisked egg white into the strawberry mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture into a serving bowl or 4 individual serving bowls, cover and chill for 3-4 hours.
5. Decorate with the reserved strawberries and serve.
Rate This Recipe